Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool drained 1/4th by mistake due to PVC pipe union came off

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool drained 1/4th by mistake due to PVC pipe union came off

The pool PVC pipe union came off, I don't know how and when the motor started, the pool water was drained by 1/4th, now I am refilling it, once it's done, what do I need to do? Do I need to add any stabilizer? or anything else? The chlorine tabs are already there... Please help.... Thanks a lot.
    11000 Gallons, Cartridge Filter, UG, Plaster, Shasta pool, filter model Hayward C4030, Pump Motor Emerson 1-1/2HP Full Rated EB2977T, Pump model Northstar SP4010NS

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pool drained 1/4th by mistake due to PVC pipe union came off

What test kit are you using, and what were your readings (most recent test results) prior to the inadvertent loss of water?
    18' x 48" ring top pool (Summer Escapes); 5500 gallons; set up June - October, stored during winter; Intex 2500 gph pump (B size cartridge filter) Hayward 21" sand filter + 1.5 hp single speed Powerflo Matrix pump (upgrade October 2016) *** K-2006 test kit, refills from tftestkits

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Pool drained 1/4th by mistake due to PVC pipe union came off

Fill it. Circulate for 30-60 minutes. Run a full set of tests to find out what needs to be adjusted.

No way we can offer advice without test results.

The TFPC method is about understanding your pool’s chemistry and through accurate testing, adding only what the pool NEEDS.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4

Re: New Pool, needs partial drain, draining ideas

Merged by moderator. Please do not ask the same thing in multiple places; especially by hijacking another member's thread. And you question has already been answered here anyway. jblizzle

Guys,
    My pool was accidentally drained by 1/4th of water yesterday night, I refilled it again, Do i need to add some stabilizer now? OR the regular chlorine tablets are fine? Plz help
    11000 Gallons, Cartridge Filter, UG, Plaster, Shasta pool, filter model Hayward C4030, Pump Motor Emerson 1-1/2HP Full Rated EB2977T, Pump model Northstar SP4010NS