Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Need an automatic cleaner for pool with vinyl liner

1. Back To Top    #1

Need an automatic cleaner for pool with vinyl liner

I was recommended the Great White cleaner and I was about to pull the trigger but now wonder if my vinyl liner matters for cleaner selection.

If so, is there a go to automatic cleaner for vinyl lined pools?

Thanks
    18,000 - IG - Vinyl lined less than a year - 1.5hp Hayward pump - Hayward AQR15 AquaRite Salt Chlorination System - Taylor K2006 Test Kit - Kreepy Krawly Great While keeping the bottom clean

2. Back To Top    #2

Need an automatic cleaner for pool with vinyl liner

I have had a tiger shark and a dolphin m4. The dolphin does a much better job, but I believe that it is due to the pleated filter material that they use. It catches finer materials and it is easier to hose off. The tiger shark filters are a pain in the arse. Also hate the fact that the tigershark and the dolphin both spend a fair amount of the time on the walls, which is a waste in my opinion.

I have an IG vinyl liner by the way.

30x20 vinyl IG, Hayward SD60 with Pentair Dynamo 340219 2HP pump, Compupool CPSC24 SWG, Hayward H200FDN heater. APC automatic pool cover.
    Central Illinois

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Need an automatic cleaner for pool with vinyl liner

Thanks for the reply.

Sent by supernatural powers
    18,000 - IG - Vinyl lined less than a year - 1.5hp Hayward pump - Hayward AQR15 AquaRite Salt Chlorination System - Taylor K2006 Test Kit - Kreepy Krawly Great While keeping the bottom clean

4. Back To Top    #4

Re: Need an automatic cleaner for pool with vinyl liner

For those who care I got the Great White.