Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Recommend Dolphin Pool Cleaner please

1. Back To Top    #1

Parkland, FL

Recommend Dolphin Pool Cleaner please

So I've had a few Robotic pool cleaners, Dolphin Diagnostic, Aquatron Cobia, and blue diamond remote control. Since the blue diamond died, I've been looking at getting the Dolphin primal X3 as I don't really want to spend a fortune again. We have an offer in on a house and the pool is smallish, I've attached a photo. My concern is do I need a full top of the line for it to clean the sun step or will none of them clean that anyway?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    12000 gal diamond brite pool with 400 gal spillover spa, 1 1/2 HP pump and Hayward 1100 cartridge filter, Hayward Heatpump.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Longview, Texas

Re: Recommend Dolphin Pool Cleaner please

I have a dolphin Nautilus and its a very good cleaner. Pretty much bottom of the line for Dolphins but it does an excellent job.
    It doesnt clean the tile line very well for absence of a float handle,. but it tries. It climbs the walls and does the bottom, so I can manage the tile line.

Pretty much none of the robots will be able to make it up to the sunshelf no matter how much they cost. And if they did make it up there, they would crawl right off of it.

I dont know anything about the X3, but I believe some folks here have them. Maybe someone will chime in.
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge. Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

3. Back To Top    #3

Peoria, IL

Re: Recommend Dolphin Pool Cleaner please

I have an m4 and she will climb the walls and my swim out steps without a problem. Have to give her a toss back in sometimes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    30x20 vinyl IG, Hayward SD60 with Pentair Dynamo 340219 2HP pump, Compupool CPSC24 SWG, Hayward H200FDN heater. APC automatic pool cover.
    Central Illinois