Jandy VS FHP 2.0

Well after 1 month or so my vsp started making a squeak noise on startup & stopping, called Zodiac they said i should have a tech come and look at it might need to be lubed or something rubbing. Anyone have any thoughts on this.

Not sure if it is a bearing, but something is definitely wrong with it.

When I pulled my motor apart, the bearings were shot and the rotor was worn on one side and it made a slight squeal when turned by hand. My old motor never was quiet like my new one and I just thought that the pump I had was loud to begin with.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I think I'll ask this question here, hope its OK. The same pump is sucking a little air in from the lid basket gasket, I did add silicone lube and check to make sure it was clean, but it seems when I tighten the lid, it hits the stops before getting tight. Zodiac said it should hit the stops, that doesn't sound correct to me, anyone have this problem? Maybe a new lid o ring, after 1 year.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.