Auto pool covers

Aug 27, 2014
Pittsboro, nc
We are having a pool installed in the next few weeks. It will have an auto cover...do all auto covers require the use of a pump on the top of the cover to remove the rain water etc? The sales person says not, but I have not been able to find any online literature to support this. Many thanks.

We have a Coverstar auto cover and need to use a pump on the cover. We have a little giant pool cover pump. If you buy one make sure the one you get has the lower water level auto turn on transducer I think they are called. Also the the little giant we have has a separate plug for the auto turn on portion that the main pump plugs into. I like this because you can manually turn the pump on regardless of the water level. I use this feature when I get water on the cover after the storm and open the cover collecting all of the remaining water in the cover leaving the cover open a few feet. I then pump all the remainder water off before opening it all the way.

I have a rule cover pump that came with my APC cover. Came with it. Lasted 3 years. Bought another one off of eBay for $50. Worth every penny. And every auto cover that I have heard of needs a pump. If you get too much water on there it will not want to open correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.