Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The new pool arrives tomorrow

1. Back To Top    #1

The new pool arrives tomorrow

Well I got a call last night from the trucking company and they said they can deliver the 32'X16' intex pool between 3 and 5 PM wow that was fast. I'm waiting on a couple quotes for concrete slabs before I do any thing any advice on the pool would be greatly appreciated ?

Thanks
    Yachtnutz

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: The new pool arrives tomorrow

The search function on Intex pools is your friend. Welcome to the forum.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

3. Back To Top    #3

Make sure the concrete pad is level.
    Intex 12'x24'x52"
    8,403 gallons
    Intex SF60110 2450 GPH Sand Filter
    Intex CS8110 SWG
    Aquabot AJET121I Pool Rover S20-40

4. Back To Top    #4

Invest in a Hayward Skimmer too. It was the best decision I ever made. I bought this one: http://www.amazon.com/Hayward-SP1091...ayward+skimmer
    I also invested in the foam pads to go under mine too. Makes it feel like you are walking on cotton. Look at hard piping your pump and filter. Consider a better ladder. Just a few of my suggestions.
    15,000 gal, AG Intex 32'x16'x52", Intex 2650 Sand filter with SWG, Intex lights

5. Back To Top    #5

Well the pool arrived to today ahead of schedule and Thank God it came on a truck with a Lift gate . I got in the garage still in the big box man that was one heavy box so now comes the fun parts ?

6. Back To Top    #6

Thanks for the advice I went ahead a bought the Hayward skimmer and Gorilla pad now I'm waiting on some concrete bids for the pad ?

7. Back To Top    #7

I just got the bid for the concrete about $3,700 . He called me just a few minutes ago and talked me out of the the slab . and we are thinking about just doing pads where the legs are 24 total ?

Yachtnutz

8. Back To Top    #8

What is the question? Number of legs? Necessary thickness of pads? Pour pads on site vs. using purchased blocks (as many posters seem to do when installing such a pool)?

I know I've seen threads on the forum discussing many of these issues, including some threads giving the exact dimensions of where the legs touch the ground when the pool is full (important for properly positioning support pads). Maybe worth your while to search for some of those discussions...
    18' x 48" ring top pool (Summer Escapes); 5500 gallons; set up June - October, stored during winter; Intex 2500 gph pump (B size cartridge filter) Hayward 21" sand filter + 1.5 hp single speed Powerflo Matrix pump (upgrade October 2016) *** K-2006 test kit, refills from tftestkits

9. Back To Top    #9

Information from my install that may help...

http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...2-quot-AG-Pool
    AG-Intex Ultra Frame 32 ft x 16 ft x 52 in, Water Capacity (90%): 14,364 Gal, Hayward SP1091WM Dyna-Skim Above Ground Pool Skimmer Kit
    Intex 2650 GPH Sand Filter Pump & Salt Water System CS20110
    3/4" Extruded Polystyrene Foam Board Insulation, Gorilla Floor Padding
    Borated sparkle added

10. Back To Top    #10

You should have him pour a ring of cement where the legs go. All nice and level.

11. Back To Top    #11

I'm getting 24 10" holes drilled to 3' then we're putting pave stones over the cement pillars I hope this works. But at least I won't have a 34x18 slab of concrete to worry about when we go to sell the house down the road!

12. Back To Top    #12

That is the way to go. Or at least pour a half court basketball size so when you move you throw a hoop in and are good to go.

30x20 vinyl IG, Hayward SD60 with Pentair Dynamo 340219 2HP pump, Compupool CPSC24 SWG, Hayward H200FDN heater. APC automatic pool cover.
    Central Illinois

13. Back To Top    #13

Quote Originally Posted by yachtnutz View Post
    I'm getting 24 10" holes drilled to 3' then we're putting pave stones over the cement pillars I hope this works. But at least I won't have a 34x18 slab of concrete to worry about when we go to sell the house down the road!
    Do you mean 3' OR 3". Seems a little crazy if you are going down 3 feet , total over kill and a huge waste of money. The contractor must be high.

14. Back To Top    #14

Like 10" sonotubes? I haven't heard of anyone doing this for a pool install even here in the Northeast, where there's a lot of concern about freeze/thaw cycles when you put up a structure (i.e. building).

Is there a reason you really need that much support in your particular soil?
    18' x 48" ring top pool (Summer Escapes); 5500 gallons; set up June - October, stored during winter; Intex 2500 gph pump (B size cartridge filter) Hayward 21" sand filter + 1.5 hp single speed Powerflo Matrix pump (upgrade October 2016) *** K-2006 test kit, refills from tftestkits

15. Back To Top    #15

we used concrete blocks 12 x 12 under each leg sunk in to level with the leveled ground, 3 tarps and a gorilla pad, its been up for 5 years and no problems. We have a 16 round ultra intex.. best investment for an agp. upgrade to a sand filter and swg too...

- - - Updated - - -

don't waste your money on a slab, not worth it...
    16 x 48 intex ultra frame, Confer 7100 A Frame swing up ladder
    Krystal Clear sand filter pump, Krystal Clear Saltwater System, Floating surface skimmer
    Intex LED pool light, Underwater light show and fountain, AQUA EZ pool vac

16. Back To Top    #16

Sorry i meant 3" not 3 ' no concrete slab

17. Back To Top    #17

Red face Re: The new pool arrives tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by yachtnutz View Post
    Sorry i meant 3" not 3 ' no concrete slab
    Did you really? So they are going to drill down 3" and pour some cement, sweet.

18. Back To Top    #18

Do you guys think I need to pour 10" dia pads or will pavers do the job. I don't have a clue what i'm doing ?

19. Back To Top    #19

Ok so I got the leveling just about done I was told to use compression sand . We compacted it real tight and i went out and bought 16"x16" pavers and extruded polystyrene 4x8 sheets also the Gorilla pad. My question is do I put down the ground cloth first then the sheets of styrene and then the gorilla pad or gorilla pad first and ground cloth last anyone?

Thanks
    Yachtnutz

20. Back To Top    #20

I did the foam insulation with the ground cloth on top. But if I had to do it over again, I would just eliminate the ground cloth since it is disintegrating rapidly.
    Intex 12'x24'x52"
    8,403 gallons
    Intex SF60110 2450 GPH Sand Filter
    Intex CS8110 SWG
    Aquabot AJET121I Pool Rover S20-40

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast