pea green pool frustrated

Sep 8, 2014
Wi
long story short, opened pool first week in June-beautiful clean, clear ready to swim once heats up. Put Bacquacil in went on vacation in July (no swimming too cold) came back to a green pool, in one weeks time put 4 gallons of shock in and algistat performer and told run filter. To NO avail,it would NOT clear up in few days. I went and bought 2 more gallons of shock as they recommended. still NO change! ALL Levels came in high, I told them I am going on vacation again was told to keep filter running have Hubby watch it, came back 10 days later and still as green as when I left. Had chemical levels checked and all in normal range, VERY frustrated, have spent over $250.00 not counting what I had and it is September and the pool is pea green and NO ONE has swam in the pool this year! :brickwall: have seriously considered putting it on CL FREE take down!! So any suggestions? I was told to vacuum it on waste bypass since nothing else is working. The water obviously just drains out. we have had the pool almost 20 years and this is the first year this much trouble, have thought about converting to Chlorine if we keep it. The last couple years we have battled green but not where no one could swim. thank you for any input!

Hello, and welcome to the forum. The vast majority of pool owners on this forum use liquid chlorine or SWCG systems. I have no personal experience with Bacquacil, but based on what I've read your story is about par for the Course.

My first suggestion would be to read "Pool School" in entirety. I would then look into what all is required to convert your pool from Bacquacil (IIRC, sand has to be changed if you have a sand filter).

Helpful reading : http://www.troublefreepool.com/content/153-convert-your-baqua-baquacil-softswim-pool-to-chlorine

My Second suggestion is to go to TFtestkits.net and buy the TF100, with the XL option, and the speedstir option. I know it seems like a bunch of money, but it will last you a good while, and a proper test kit is absolutely essential.

Another helpful thing you can do, for future questions/etc is to go ahead and add your pools info in your signature.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.