I'm already worried...

Sep 17, 2013
DFW metroplex
Fall is right around the corner and I'm already dreading it. We have one oak tree, one pecan, one elm, three crape myrtles and five ornamental pear trees. The squirrels are having a field day with the acorns and pecans at the moment so most of those should be off the trees before the first cold snap. Last fall, before the pool went in I raked and bagged 50 - 30 gallon bags of leaves! My concern is once the leaves start falling I will be out there skimming all day long. The Polaris is running about three hours a day now and since we are in Texas my understanding is we don't need to close and cover the pool. My question is other than cutting down the trees - what's my best course of action to minimize a mess in the pool? Anyone tried the leaf gulper?

I feel your pain... crape myrtles, dogwoods and three 100' tulip poplars nearby the pool. Even a slight breeze makes it look like it's snowing leaves.

We're new to TFP and after some reading on this forum we bought a Pool Skim here:
http://www.poolskimusa.com/

We just got it and installed it. Running it for just 2 days has been amazing as it does take care of both leaves and the little stuff that drops into the pool.

I use a loop-loc safety cover, solid with mesh drains. Keeps out all the tree stuff and no worries about kids or animals falling in. This is assuming you won't be using the pool in the off-season, it takes 2-3 people 45 mins to install or put away.

I feel your pain... crape myrtles, dogwoods and three 100' tulip poplars nearby the pool. Even a slight breeze makes it look like it's snowing leaves.

We're new to TFP and after some reading on this forum we bought a Pool Skim here:
http://www.poolskimusa.com/

We just got it and installed it. Running it for just 2 days has been amazing as it does take care of both leaves and the little stuff that drops into the pool.

oh man !
never seen the poolskim before - just checked it out online.
could be a game changer (!)

Hey Ready...did you get the pool skim? If so, what do you think about it? We have had a lot of debris landing in our pool this spring from 2 different oak trees.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.