Choosing a flush mount automatic cover vs. mount under extended coping

I am working through the final details on our PB quote. We are planning on a 40x18 in ground, concrete with an automated cover. Cover by Coverstar. I *think* we are going to go with a flush mount track for the cover. The other option is to have the coping extend over the pool and to mount the track under the mounting. I don't like the idea on non flush mount, it would seem to me it would be more difficult to exit the pool, and more chances of hitting your head on the extended coping.... My PB says it costs just a little more to get the flush mount (a few more trips at the coping stage). The only drawback is the cover has a tendency to tear (with flush mount) rather than pull away from the track (under coping lip mount) when too much pressure is applied to the cover. If I keep the water level up, pump off the excess rain water and use a winter cover I think I can avoid this tear drawback. Is there any thing else I need to consider before making the decision? Thanks.

I have the under cover track with the overlapping coping and I don't believe I have ever bumped my head against that coping. You simply don't put your head right next to the wall and then raise up your head. You can see what my pool looks like with the pool cover open and closed. You can see the overlapping coping better in this image. Now you can see that we have a ramp so for existing the pool from a ladder perhaps there might be some issue though I still don't think so since it would just be further away from the wall (ladders aren't flush with the wall anyway).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.