Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Mud stain - vinyl liner

1. Back To Top    #1

Mud stain - vinyl liner

Hi All:

I recently had some renovation work done and my pool had to be pumped out into holding pools. While the work was being done in the deep end a bit of water leaked into the shallow end from the steps. The water was reddish brown presumably from the ground water under the liner and behind the steps. It pooled (maybe a few gallons total) and I assumed when the pool was filled up again it would all wash away. However, it stained. I got my chlorine up high for a couple of weeks (7-10 ppm) and brushed it hard to no avail. Any ideas how to get rid of these mud stains?

Thanks -

Jeff

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Mud stain - vinyl liner

It may just take find to lighten the stain... May want to run your chlorine a few ppm higher than target and just brush it everyday
    12k - free form - plaster- Nautilus fns48 DE filter- centurion 1hp (so quiet)- In floor cleaning system with Jandy Caretaker - TF-50 and 5 in 1 test kit, Phoenix, Az

3. Back To Top    #3

You might want to try placing a cheap vitamin C tablet on the stain for a couple minutes to see if it lightens.
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4

Update - the stain had been there for about a month before I posted. I took the suggestion above and raised chlorine levels and brushed 3 times per day. Helped somewhat. then I bought a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser and with a few good strokes (a few more in some places) it is gone.