Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Another Stenner Install Question

1. Back To Top    #1

Fort Worth, TX

Another Stenner Install Question

I'm in the middle of installing my Stenner pump and would like some advice on where to inject the bleach. I assume it is best to inject it after the pump, filter, and heater just before it returns to the pool and spa?
    30,000 plaster in-ground pool with spa; 2.5HP single speed Centurion pump; Raypak RP2100 propane heater; Polaris 280 with pump, waterfall with separate pump, Triton II commercial sand filter; TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir

2. Back To Top    #2

Burlington, Ontario

Re: Another Stenner Install Question

Ideally, yes - after everything on the way back to the pool. Truthfully, probably not a big deal if you plumb it in anywhere. Some people just use the drain port in the side of the pump basket. Chlorine puck dispensers typically suggest installing the injection port after the heater.
    16' wide ~20,000gal IG vinyl lazy L shape pool circa 2002, 1hp Hayward Super Pump, Hayward S244T sand filter, Hayward H250ED2 gas heater, Hayward eVac Pro robot, Stenner pump for chlorine, TF-100 test kit
    2008 Gulf Coast 864 LEi hot tub

3. Back To Top    #3
    Columbia, SC

Re: Another Stenner Install Question

I originally had mine plumbed into the pump strainer basket drain but went back and added a "T" after all the equipment. You can see photos HERE.
    TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon