Tips for installing granite on small outdoor bar?

Rick H

Bronze Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jan 18, 2013
Liverpool, NY
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi, this summer I built a small outdoor bar. It is framed in pressure treated wood with a bamboo face. I made it so I can slide it against the house in the winter. Its 66" long,22" deep and 41" high. Its heavy, but I can slide it on the patio without much effort. I want to put on a granite top, and was able to locate a remnant that is 72L" X 25W" X 3/4" thick, so there would be a overhang on the sides and front. It gets full sun, but, will be outside ( and covered ) during the winter months also. I have a solid pressure treated lumber top that is pretty solid. Can I glue the slab right onto the wood? or any other ideas to secure the top? There would not be anything lifting up on the top or anything like that.
Thanks
Rick

It should work. Granite is usually held in place by gravity and a couple of well placed dollops of silicone. Th esilicone is an adhesive, but is there more to keep it from sliding as the weight holds it in place.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.