Buying new SWG

I've had the Hayward Aquarite with a T-15 cell for about 10 years. The first cell lasted 7+ years. Replaced it for $400 and back in business. The only other issues in ten years is I replaced one flow switch ($50) and just had to replace the throughput resistor ($3 and some soldering). You can buy the unit for about $800 online, if you shop around.

I would call it relatively trouble free, and my chlorination cost for a pool that's open year-round has averaged (based on maint and cell cost) $60 per year. Pretty hard to beat.

Pool pilot! I love mine. Do a search, lots of happy customers. I got mine from Josh at www.saltpoolguys.com he's here on the forum.

I recommend going with the nano+, it has a bigger cell. My pool is same size as yours and I run it at 45% 8 hours a day to keep 5ppm chlorine. Wouldn't want a smaller cell than that.

I checked the plates in the cell this spring (after a full season of use) and there was no build up, they looked new.

Pool pilot automatically adjusts the percentage based on water temp, so that's handy to have. And the salt readout is dead on with my taylor salt test, so it's pretty accurate too.

Here's a pic of my new heater, but you can see the nano on the left and cell on the right.

I've had the Digital Nano for a little over 2 years. I've had 2 boards fail. I'll be looking for another company if it's not under warranty. I think the climate in Florida has something to do with it. Salt chlorinators are great if they work. The guy who put in a solar said they stopped selling Nano's due to all the problems they had.

Could you tell us why you are replacing your current SWG?
My compupool system melted, it's going to cost 500.00 to replace it, so I figured I'd see what else is out there. I never really liked this one to begin with.
6a4c9a23a2ac9878dba648da482d4967.jpg
5cb53a9a63a1414d776444d010742b43.jpg
889dd3e101608d42d6f8c8193248b229.jpg

Make another thread just to be sure that all TFP members know how dependable the unit is, (and how helpful their customer service has been). You might even give them one last chance to "proof read" your comments before posting it. It couldn't hurt and even if it gets you nowhere, you'll feel better (and it might help the next TFP member).

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I'm a Pentair owner so all i can say is I love my IntelliChlor. Sounds like you prefer to go with the other vendors so I'll just post a general shout out for good luck and I hope your new SWG lives long and prospers....

I'm open to all suggestion, these 2 were the ones I've heard the most about. By all means sell me!

Sent from my dumb apple products my work makes me use.

I'm open to all suggestion, these 2 were the ones I've heard the most about. By all means sell me!

Sent from my dumb apple products my work makes me use.

Do you have a Pentair automation panel, ie, IntelliTouch?

If not, then it would be a costly retro-fit and probably not a good investment for you. Pentair makes all their stuff work well together but it's not so good as a one-off replacement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok, what do you want to automate other than the SWG?

My IntelliTouch panel runs my valves, my gas heater, my IntelliFlo VSP and my SWG. It also controls my waterfall pump and the pool lights. Depending on how much automation you want/need. it can be sized to fit your needs.

I have an IC40 SWG cell which is their mid-size cell (20k gal - 30k gal pool volume). But when that cell needs replacement, I'm going to upgrade to an IC60 so I can operate at a lower point.

Ive got the ic40 also, its 3 years old and runs at 80% on a 10 hr run time to keep the cl at a constant level, last year the percentage was less so maybe its getting old. I think the idea of oversizing is good, I would have gone with the 60 if I had been smarter, since my pool is the upper limit for the 40.

Ive got the ic40 also, its 3 years old and runs at 80% on a 10 hr run time to keep the cl at a constant level, last year the percentage was less so maybe its getting old. I think the idea of oversizing is good, I would have gone with the 60 if I had been smarter, since my pool is the upper limit for the 40.

Sorry to ask the obvious, but have you acid cleaned the cell recently? What about SLAMing your pool?

Perhaps there's a small background of organics/biologicals giving your IC a hard time?

Actually, don't reply. Don't want to cause a thread hijacking.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.