Issue number 4, knob band assembly stripped, how to fix?

Feb 21, 2014
dfw tx
So before I can fix the shaft seal that might be leaking and after the tons of other stuff i've done already and the fact that the pool hasn't been run in 6 days and counting now. The knob on the band assembly gets stripped out!! kept turning and turning so I grabbed a pair of pliers to try to pull it off and that didn't work. What another way to remove it or should I just replace the pump already.

Item 20 in pic

Challenger_HP_schem_webL.gif

Just to verify, the bolt head on the other side of the band clamp isn't turning when you turn the knob?

There's really nothing special about the bolt arrangement you have there. For a couple of bucks at a decent hardware store you could get a stainless steel bolt, nut and washers that would replace all those parts. You really don't need a knob unless you want one.

As Charlie_R said, a Dremel tool would cut the plastic part of the knob off and get you good gripping access to the insert nut. If that doesn't work, you could cut the head off the bolt on the other side with a Dremel or hack-saw.

What is the condition of the water in the pool after no running it for almost a week? Not sure what type of pump you are running but maybe a new pump would be easier in the long run. If the water is getting nasty then how much money are you going to spend in chemicals to get it back to where it needs to be..

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.