What is the right order?

nofa93

LifeTime Supporter
Sep 22, 2013
Montreal, Canada
Hi,

I have purchased a used hot tub recently and I am finalizing the install this weekend and getting ready for the fill. One of the members convinced me to run the Ahh-Some treatment. I have ordered it and waiting for it by mail. Also, I am suspecting a possible minor leak in the tub and I plan on giving Fix-A-Leak a shot since the cost is minimal and it is reported that it can help.

Should I be running the Ahh-Some treatment first and then Fix-A-Leak or vice versa? Do you see any potential side effects of these products impacting the later one?

Thanks.

I don't think they will interact, but in case Ahh-Some undoes what Fix-A-Leak can do, you can do the Ahh-Some first and then do the Fix-A-Leak. I presume that Fix-A-Leak "hardens" to the point where it will not be readily removed, but it's possible that the powerful surfactants in Ahh-Some could dislodge the Fix-A-Leak compound from the spa surfaces to which it has adhered.

I don't think they will interact, but in case Ahh-Some undoes what Fix-A-Leak can do, you can do the Ahh-Some first and then do the Fix-A-Leak. I presume that Fix-A-Leak "hardens" to the point where it will not be readily removed, but it's possible that the powerful surfactants in Ahh-Some could dislodge the Fix-A-Leak compound from the spa surfaces to which it has adhered.

This is what I was thinking could potentially happen. Extended directions from Fix-A-Leak said to drain the tub and keep it empty for at least a week prior to doing the treatment for better results. I wanted to follow the directions exactly as it seems there is a lot of misuse of the product out there leading to poor results. But as you mentioned, performing the Ahh-Some treatment after Fix-A-Leak could prove more problematic.

Thanks.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.