Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: What is the right order?

1. Back To Top    #1

What is the right order?

Hi,

I have purchased a used hot tub recently and I am finalizing the install this weekend and getting ready for the fill. One of the members convinced me to run the Ahh-Some treatment. I have ordered it and waiting for it by mail. Also, I am suspecting a possible minor leak in the tub and I plan on giving Fix-A-Leak a shot since the cost is minimal and it is reported that it can help.

Should I be running the Ahh-Some treatment first and then Fix-A-Leak or vice versa? Do you see any potential side effects of these products impacting the later one?

Thanks.
    20,000 Gallons Vinyl 16x32 Inground with Stamped concrete decking. Hayward Sand Filter. DIY Diaphragm pump injection system. K-2006C Test Kit.
    450 Gallons Standalone Acrylic CALSPA 2006.
    Canadians, Get your test kit here!.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: What is the right order?

I don't think they will interact, but in case Ahh-Some undoes what Fix-A-Leak can do, you can do the Ahh-Some first and then do the Fix-A-Leak. I presume that Fix-A-Leak "hardens" to the point where it will not be readily removed, but it's possible that the powerful surfactants in Ahh-Some could dislodge the Fix-A-Leak compound from the spa surfaces to which it has adhered.
    16,000 gallon outdoor in-ground 16'x32' plaster pool; Pentair Intelliflo VF pump; Pentair IntelliTouch i9+3s control system; Jandy CL-340 square foot cartridge filter
    12 Fafco solar panels; Purex Triton PowerMax 250 natural gas heater (200,000 BTU/hr output); automatic electric pool safety cover; 4-wheel pressure-side "The Pool Cleaner"

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: What is the right order?

Quote Originally Posted by chem geek View Post
    I don't think they will interact, but in case Ahh-Some undoes what Fix-A-Leak can do, you can do the Ahh-Some first and then do the Fix-A-Leak. I presume that Fix-A-Leak "hardens" to the point where it will not be readily removed, but it's possible that the powerful surfactants in Ahh-Some could dislodge the Fix-A-Leak compound from the spa surfaces to which it has adhered.
    This is what I was thinking could potentially happen. Extended directions from Fix-A-Leak said to drain the tub and keep it empty for at least a week prior to doing the treatment for better results. I wanted to follow the directions exactly as it seems there is a lot of misuse of the product out there leading to poor results. But as you mentioned, performing the Ahh-Some treatment after Fix-A-Leak could prove more problematic.

Thanks.
    20,000 Gallons Vinyl 16x32 Inground with Stamped concrete decking. Hayward Sand Filter. DIY Diaphragm pump injection system. K-2006C Test Kit.
    450 Gallons Standalone Acrylic CALSPA 2006.
    Canadians, Get your test kit here!.