Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: rocks under liner

1. Back To Top    #1

rocks under liner

I had a liner pool installed last year. Last night I felt a couple rocks under the liner near the steps. It is normal to have some small rocks migrate in? We don't have a water issue and there is a sump under the pool. We run the pump a couple times a year just to be sure there isn't any high water. What could be causing the rock to appear? Will this damage my liner?
    13,000 gal, IG vinyl, Jandy CV 340 cartridge filter, Jandy 1.5 FloPro pump, inline auto chlorinator, Legacy LRZM heater, Jandy waterfall pump, Automatic pool cover. Hot Springs Spa ~ Flair 326 gal with Ace Salt Water System.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: rocks under liner

I had a couple when I put my liner in. One felt pretty sharp. I tossed a clear patch over it so I can monitor it. If it starts to push through the liner, I might cut it out and toss a couple patches over it. But right now, I am just keeping an eye on it every so often.
    ~Matt~ Radiant Metric 24'x52" 14k- built into a slope. CircuPool Si-30 SWCG. Jandy 200 SqFt cartridge filter. Pentair Optiflow 2-speed 1HP pump. Wanda the Whale. TF-100 Test Kit. Hard Plumbed.
    My Build w/ lots of pics

3. Back To Top    #3

I had the same thing happen when the new liner was installed. It was actually vermiculite that peaked. Take a small piece of 2x4, and put it square on the mound. Give it a tap with ur hand. It should crush down. If it does give it another smack. I guess that depends on what the bottom of ur pool is. It should go flat unless u know a 100% it is a stone.
    40x18 Lazy L Rectangle
    29500gal IG w/ vinyl liner
    HAYWARD S244T 300lb sand filter
    Hayward Super Pump 1 1/2hp

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by TrevNJPool View Post
    I had the same thing happen when the new liner was installed. It was actually vermiculite that peaked. Take a small piece of 2x4, and put it square on the mound. Give it a tap with ur hand. It should crush down. If it does give it another smack. I guess that depends on what the bottom of ur pool is. It should go flat unless u know a 100% it is a stone.
    Thanks. I guess I'm not sure that I am 100% sure it's a stone, since it just showed up a year after the liner was installed. However, the bottom of the pool is poured concrete.
    13,000 gal, IG vinyl, Jandy CV 340 cartridge filter, Jandy 1.5 FloPro pump, inline auto chlorinator, Legacy LRZM heater, Jandy waterfall pump, Automatic pool cover. Hot Springs Spa ~ Flair 326 gal with Ace Salt Water System.