Came home to this

Jul 20, 2013
Lebanon TN
I noticed the pool was a looking funny yesterday didn't have time to test it so when I came home today I noticed water dripping near the SWG. Closer I got I smelled something, well pictures show you what I found. I've called the insurance company. So I need some recommendations for a new SWG. I'm wondering if lighting caused it, we had a pretty good storm Tuesday night. Anyone else seen these happen before with a Compupool system?
bcca082fa6adf18d437c9f7735f75477.jpg
e73a810c75c07fec2d2e76d19b26bc7a.jpg
7ed3297ee5606c6afcb82536127d2f74.jpg
ec950d76b4e0d28e27e35e3647847710.jpg

Unfortunately that's not the first one of those we've seen posted here. It seems to be related to the connection working its way loose, then the pins overheat and melt the plastic. I doubt lightning had anything to do with it. If it's under warranty Compupool should take care of it. Otherwise, you should be able to replace the cell and cable and have it working agin.

I have a cpsc24 so I watch these threads. It is not an isolated incident. Don't know what your insurance deductible is but filing a claim on a $700 SWG seems silly to me unless you had other damage. Don't know who your company/deductible is but having a claim on your HOI for a few $ is probably not worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keep SWG. CompuPool changed that system not too long after you got yours. But even if you ditch CompuPool, don't give up on SWG. If it weren't for SWGs, I'd fill my pool in with dirt.

Send pics to CompuPool and complain. Maybe they will send you the new system for $500ish. I've seen it happen.

Keep SWG. CompuPool changed that system not too long after you got yours. But even if you ditch CompuPool, don't give up on SWG. If it weren't for SWGs, I'd fill my pool in with dirt.

Send pics to CompuPool and complain. Maybe they will send you the new system for $500ish. I've seen it happen.
I have no plans of getting rid of the SWG. Just trying to decide which one I should go with. I've got to do something soon, the pool is trying to go crazy.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
That's your call, but I'll add my .02.

CompuPool is providing a new system at a nice discounted price so they are not just throwing you under the bus due to a faulty design.

I still don't trust the new CompuPool SWG's as they have very little time on them.

I would buy the Hayward Aquarite.

If I were in your shoes (and I may be someday), I'd buy the CompuPool. A while back they replaced my system, they don't use that full plug style like you have anymore for just the reason you experienced. My CPSC hooks up like the new ones, three individual wires/plugs, so that if there is a leak, it won't kill the system. Heck for the 48, just the cell is almost $500.

Oh, and I'd make sure your warranty starts over again, two years full replacement, third year prorated. You don't want to get the unit and have zero warranty - but I don't think they'd do that.

They just offered to replace my power supply/control board for $98 on the third year, so the "prorated" part isn't horribly bad. Before I do that though, I'm going to calibrate it, I think that's all mine needs.

I believe that mine is the new plug style but I have had no issues with mine. Other than the fact that I have to seacale it every 2 weeks, probably because my ch is 450.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.