Aquapure errors 172, 185 and 186

Sep 4, 2014
alamo
I have been told, over the phone, I need a new sensor, but earlier this summer my Aqualink control board was blown by a power surge. I am wondering if this also blew out the board for the Aquapure. We use chlorine tabs and don't test our pool very often so don't know if the chlorine level has been low for awhile. We installed the iAqualink and the salt generator info isn't displayed when we log in like it used to be when we turned on the handheld remote. Not sure if this is a new problem, or one that began with the earlier board issues and just not caught til the pool got cloudy.

We cleaned the sensors, and there is a small amount of calcium build up on the cell which we have not yet tried to clean with anything more than water.

The temperature still appears correctly on the iAqualink.

I don't mind replacing the sensor, but want to make sure that's what it is and it's not related to the board issues we had previously. From reading previous threads it seems like you can bypass the Aquapure board and plug directly into the iAqualink board. The other question I have is if there is a reset button that we may want to try.

Appreciate any help!

Thank you,

Leslie

Those are all sensor error codes and you might very well need a new sensor, but you can try a couple of things first.

Make sure the SWG has proper flow, the pool returns should have the normal amount of flow through them.

Clean the cell plates starting with a 1:10 acid to water solution.

Does the sensor plug into a small adapter board or into the main board? If it plugs into the adapter board, there is a small calibration button that needs to be pushed and held down until you get the system to work. It should take 10-30 seconds and you do this after the system has been running for at least 5 minutes.

If that doesn't work, try removing the adapter board and plug the sensor into the same spot as the adapter board was.

If all these ideas fail, replace the sensor with a new one.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.