Water Getting Behind Liner on Semi Above-Ground Pool

Jul 14, 2014
Albertville, MN
I am installing a semi above-ground Radiant Metric and after installing the liner and filling half-way with water, noticed that there was water behind the liner about half-way up the walls. I have since pumped the water out, fixed my foam coves and am now draining the water inside the liner in order to re-attach it to the walls. I have dug this pool about 3 feet into the ground, which is clay. My question is, should I put some sort of drain tile on the bottom (once the liner is empty) or would a french drain at the surface be adequate. I'm not sure how I would do anything at the bottom of the wall since I have already backfilled all around the pool walls. Thanks for any comments.

If the source is ground water, you have two possibilities.

Most likely is that once the pool is full of water there won't be a problem.

Second is that you would need to remove ground water from the hole the pool sits in. Either with a gravity drain from the backfilled area or with a dry well in the backfilled area with a pump to remove the water as needed. The gravity drain is normally installed as part of an inground pool installation if it is possible.

It may depend on the topography of your yard and your climate.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.