Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Bottom Drain Alternatives

1. Back To Top    #1

Bottom Drain Alternatives

Hi all, I have a Paramount MDX bottom drain, which also has an SDX sidewall safety drain (and another feeder opening in the sidewall), all of which feed a deck mounted debris canister. My pool is small, 10,000 gallons, and no in floor jets, so there is little need for this drain on the floor. Plus, the robot gets stuck on the drain's dome lid all the time. What alternatives are there to this? Can a sidewall drain be installed low on the deep (only 5.5') end instead of the set up I have now? Please don't worry about retro-fitting issues, imagine that this is a new build. Thanks !
    10k gallon fiberglass freeform pool, Paramount SwingJet system, Dolphin DX5 robot, Pentair 48" Tagelus sand filter with glass media, WhisperFlo 1 HP pump, Hayward H200FDN natural gas heater, TF-100 Test Kit, and, of course, Margaritaville Tahiti blender!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Bottom Drain Alternatives

Search for "bottom drain reversal"
    36' x 18' 20k in ground, Finest Finish grey plaster, Pentair Tagelus 100D sand filter, Hayward Northstar 2hp pump, Jandy LRZ125EN heater, spill over spa, iaqualink controlled automation, Stenner chlorination, natural rock and flagstone coping, 1" glass mosaic waterline tile, SR Smith Vortex slide.

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Bottom Drain Alternatives

hi. thanks for the reply. do you mean within TFP? I did that and on Google, and no direct hits. Is there a particular thread you are directing me to? Thanks.
    10k gallon fiberglass freeform pool, Paramount SwingJet system, Dolphin DX5 robot, Pentair 48" Tagelus sand filter with glass media, WhisperFlo 1 HP pump, Hayward H200FDN natural gas heater, TF-100 Test Kit, and, of course, Margaritaville Tahiti blender!