What is the greatest and best pool cleaner in the world?

SwimmingpoolAZ

In The Industry
Aug 30, 2014
phoenix
Ok fellow pool Pros,

You know as well as I do that this is an impossible question to answer as pools are like snow flakes and finger prints in that each is unique in its needs and quirks. Sometimes just good old fashioned hand vacuuming once a week does the trick better than any cleaner could.

I oversee a little more than 150 pools at the moment here in Phoenix, 99% are plaster or pebble interior, a couple are painted (and I hate them) and I have at least two that are fiberglass over gunite.

On our routes we find (and this is generally speaking of course) that for suction cleaners, Hayward Navigators, Zodiac G3s, and The Pool Cleaner do a fantastic job whereas the Pentair cleaners and most other G and T variations of Zodiacs all suck (don't get me started on the fact that the G3 is discontinued).

As far as pressure side goes, I don't think you can beat the Polaris when it's dialed in except for that piece of garbage with the fat hose. I haven't tried the new Pentair cleaner with the blue LED lights ( do the lights REALLY help it clean better?) so I have no idea how well it works.

That being said, I have a pretty good idea of what's being used here in the valley of the sun. What is popular in other places and why?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.