Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Mineral springs bioguard system no display

1. Back To Top    #1

Mineral springs bioguard system no display

I have a mineral springs system which has stopped working...no power at the display, no chlorine in the pool. breaker is ok, cell is new replaced transistor on board last year...any suggestions would be appretiated. Thanks

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Mineral springs bioguard system no display

Can't Help,you with the SWG problem but you need to get some chlorine in the water fast or you will have a green pool. Plain bleach will,work.
    TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon

3. Back To Top    #3

Yes, Thank you, What I should have said was it is not producing chlorine...I have been adding since I noticed the swg was not working

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by gprising View Post
    Yes, Thank you, What I should have said was it is not producing chlorine...I have been adding since I noticed the swg was not working
    that makes me feel better. How old is it? Could it be at the end of the cells life?
    TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon

5. Back To Top    #5

the t cell is new last year. think the system as a whole is about 10 years old

6. Back To Top    #6

If you're not getting anything on the display, you could try resetting the display board. Turn off power to the unit and then remove and reinstall the display board.

If your power light is out, then it might be the thermistor.

7. Back To Top    #7

There are no lights on...I replaced the thermistor and there are still no lights on. I will try resetting the display but think I am in fir a new board.

8. Back To Top    #8

Check to make sure that you're getting good power to the box.

9. Back To Top    #9

Thanks for the help...think I am in for a new unit.