Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Lights out!

1. Back To Top    #1

Mcallen, TX

Lights out!

I noticed today that the lights showing generating and power are off on my swg but it's still reading the salt level. Does anyone know if that swg will turn off if it doesn't need to generate salt, I have it set like at 50% running for like 8 hrs because it's been generating more than enough FC. I checked chlorine today and it's at 6 ppm.
    17k gallon pool, pentair whisperflo pump 1hp, Pentair FNS Plus 36, SWG Hayward Turbo Cell 15 40,000g, blue quartz with pebble finish landings/bench, ultra pure water cleaner.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Lights out!

If the switch is on "Auto" and the unit has power, then the power light should be on. Try scrolling through diagnostics and report the readings.

3. Back To Top    #3

Lelystad, The Netherlands

Re: Lights out!

Can you post a picture of te controll unit ?
    Mine has a digital timer display for the percentage of generated. If yours is set to 50% , maybe you just looked at the moment it isn't generating because it allready did a bunch of time of the 50% ?
    40000 liter in ground vinyl pool with SWG :

4. Back To Top    #4
    Tucson, AZ
    19k gallon Pebble Tec play pool/spa, Pentair Intelliflo VS (3 hp) 011018, Super II 2hp (for spa), Aqua Rite T-15 SWG, Pro Grid 60 DE filter, Hayward H400 & Heliocol Solar heating, A&A infloor system, fill water w/high CH and TA, 50 ppm borates,TF-100 test kit