Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Well the forecast is telling me the swimming season will end Friday here

1. Back To Top    #1

Unhappy Well the forecast is telling me the swimming season will end Friday here

Upper 80s Friday and then a long string of highs in the 70s.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Well the forecast is telling me the swimming season will end Friday here

Boo! I know it's coming and boy have we been shorted on summer this season. As far as I can remember, this is the coolest summer I've seen.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

3. Back To Top    #3

Temp down to near 70 in the pool this morning. A few more weeks and I'll be putting on the winter mesh cover to help it cool quicker (maybe) and keep the leaves out. Kinda sad that I'll be getting my closing supplies in order soon.
    Joel - TFP Moderator - Minnesota - **Become a TFP Supporter!** Helpful Links: ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry - SLAM Procedure - Chlorine/CYA Chart
    40x20 Pool: 32K Gallons * Vinyl * Bleach Chlorination * Hayward S270T Sand Filter * Pentair SuperFlo 1 HP * Teledyne/Laars Heater * AquaVac Tigershark * TF-100 w/ SpeedStir
    Isolated Spa - 345 Gallons

4. Back To Top    #4

My problem with the cool weather isn't water temperatures as I have heaters. It's getting someone to brave the cool air temps getting in and out!
    18'x4' AG Intex Ultra Frame, 6,700 gal., assembled new 2013; Mods: Hayward EC50C90 Perflex filter & 1 h.p. PowerFlo Matrix pump, Fiber Clear cellulose D.E. substitute, Hayward H100ID1 100,000 BTU NG heater, a pair of 2'x20' Sungrabber solar heaters via the original Intex 635T pump, grey Hydro Tools through-the-wall skimmer, Confer steps/ladder system & Cover Free chemical pool cover. The Summer of Mods!

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by CeeElGee View Post
    My problem with the cool weather isn't water temperatures as I have heaters. It's getting someone to brave the cool air temps getting in and out!
    Same with me. I can keep the water warm, but swimming loses its appeal when it is cool outside.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

6. Back To Top    #6

Same here...3 more days of 80's then it drops to low 70's daytime and low 50's night.
    27' AG 18K Gallons ~ Cartridge Filter ~ Pentair 1.5 HP Pump

7. Back To Top    #7

I hear tell there's a few chickens around! Cool air temps make for faster drying off times before you head back into the house.

I've been in my pool with air at 65. Water at 80 feels quite warm in those conditions.
    15'x48" 4500 gallon Intex pool, buried 1.5 ft. Pac-Fab Dynamo 3/4 hp pump. Hayward S180T sand filter, bought used. Taylor K-2006 test kit. Rocket mass heater based wood fired pool heater.

8. Back To Top    #8

Brrrrr.....bawk, bawk
    27' AG 18K Gallons ~ Cartridge Filter ~ Pentair 1.5 HP Pump

9. Back To Top    #9

when I was a kid I rode my bike home in my bathing suit after playing in my friends hot tub when it was 40 or 50 outside... so yeah I would brave the 60s to get out of a heated pool and run right into my house after swimming
    12k - free form - plaster- Nautilus fns48 DE filter- centurion 1hp (so quiet)- In floor cleaning system with Jandy Caretaker - TF-50 and 5 in 1 test kit, Phoenix, Az

10. Back To Top    #10

What's a "swim season".....