newbie looking for advice

Sep 1, 2014
Mass
I'm new to this hobby but haven't bought anything as of yet. My plan is to have a 24' AG pool installed come spring time. I am learning as much as I can prior to making any purchases. The local pool store sells Aqua Leader pools and is recommending the Influence model pool for me if I decide to do Salt. It is an all resin pool. It is priced at $2700 for the pool and liner. They want an extra $1,000 for the Hayward salt system and $1400 for the Hayward pump and DE filter. Owner recommends that I go with the single speed Matrix 1 hp pump and the Perplex filter. The $1400 cost will also include cleaning equipment and anything else needed to start out in this hobby. They also want $1300 to do the install which does not include electric and water.
Like I said in my title, I'm a noob to this but I was able to find the same exact Salt system on Amazon for $440!!! That is considerably cheaper than their asking price which makes me wonder how much his other stuff is overpriced. They are the only pool store in this area that sells good quality pools. They have been in business for 40 years so I assume they must be doing something right. It is a Mom and Pop run business.
I am extremely nervous about going into this hobby considering the amount of money it will cost just to get the pool up and running. I dont want to buy a junk pool or junk equipment. I have heard wonderful things about Aqua Leader pools so I feel good about choosing that brand. What I'm nervous about is making a mistake on pool equipment and/or chemical choice to start off. This pool company told me today that he only sells single speed pump because the dual speeds have a high failure rate. This goes against everything I have read here.

Am I overlooking all this? Am I over analyzing all this? In a perfect world, I would like a resin pool using a salt system and DE filter on a 2 speed pump. is that to much to ask?

the place I want to buy my pool from is aaronpoolsandspas

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.