Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: What This Site Has Done for Me!

1. Back To Top    #1

What This Site Has Done for Me!

I have been on the site for a while and I have learned so much. I have not bought the recommended test kit yet but I will. However, even without the test kit, I know what to do when I get an algae outbreak and to add DE to my sand filter to trap the finer particles. I know what to look for when air bubbles appear in the pump strainer basket. I also knew which brand of pump to buy and what I needed to do when installing solar panels. My filter has been spitting algae back into the pool so I knew that I likely wasn't rinsing long enough and that I did not need to toss the filter. Today, I rinsed longer and no green shot into the pool when I turned the pump on. I have no desire to buy a new vacuum once I learned that if I hold the hose to the return, that gets the air out the first time, every time. When my pool gets cloudy or is a little less than sparkling, I have lost the urge to run to the store for clarifier and what not. Now, I can test the water and fix it for the cost of bleach. For the entire summer, which continues in Florida, I have ONLY purchased bleach and we have only had two days when we could not swim due to an algae outbreak.
    I love this site and will donate soon!
    Sharkline Reprieve 15x52 (3/14). Still using Intex 2650 Sand Filter with Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 3/4 HP pump (6/15). Solar Cover cut into strips for easy removal, (2) 2*10 Space Saver solar panels. Swim Jet HD Robot (by Aquabot) (3/15). Chlorine Liquidator (4 gal). 4 person hot tub. Hard pipe is the way to go for improved flow! Retired Lil Shark (3/15). Starite Max E Therm 333k BTU Propane Heater w/ 24 gal tank (7/15).

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: What This Site Has Done for Me!

Glad we could help ... donate and get that discount on the test kit

If you are seeing green coming out of the filter, then you need to get on top of the ShockLevelAndMAINTAIN Process and that certainly requires a good kit to do properly.

Once you have the right tool, you should be able to spend even less time on maintaining the pool.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks Jason
    Sharkline Reprieve 15x52 (3/14). Still using Intex 2650 Sand Filter with Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 3/4 HP pump (6/15). Solar Cover cut into strips for easy removal, (2) 2*10 Space Saver solar panels. Swim Jet HD Robot (by Aquabot) (3/15). Chlorine Liquidator (4 gal). 4 person hot tub. Hard pipe is the way to go for improved flow! Retired Lil Shark (3/15). Starite Max E Therm 333k BTU Propane Heater w/ 24 gal tank (7/15).

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

We come here with a problem but stay for the sanity of being able to control our pools with proper testing and common chemicals
    '70s IG Vinyl 32K gal, Lazy L, Hayward SuperPump 1.5hp 120V, S240 Sand Filter W/DE
    Solar Blanket, Well Water, Borax Added, TF-100 tester. ? too cold
    1979, 275gal Conway Emerald Spa P-100-2, ES-2 Spa Pack, bromine floater, indoor
    TF-100, Best test kit - TFTestkits.net
    Please help keep the lights on, become a TFP Supporter!