LifeTime Supporter
May 8, 2012
Metro Detroit, Michigan
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi All. Would you or your family swim in 1. clear light green water, 2. cloudy light green water, or 3. cloudy white water? :confused:
We were at a public pool this weekend and there was a debate re: swimming in an algae pool.
The stats are as follows: CYA 80, FC 8 (allowed to come down during the shock process in order to let people use the pool) CC .5. ph 7.8, TA and CH not tested. Teenagers (in the stealth of night) used the pool at these levels AND when the FC levels were above 25.
This pool snob (me) would not nor allow my son to swim in it.:shaking:
Just wondering what others think. :suspect:

If the FC was > than the minimum for your CYA (and < shock level) and you can clearly see the bottom, then it is safe to swim. Whether you actually want to is an entirely different question.

Funny thing is - we could NOT see the bottom, only the 2nd step into the shallow end. At least one parent said "I would not let my kids swim in that pool" and hers were some of the teenagers who took the nightly swims. LOL
All families went home on Sunday and the "head count" must have been okay. No one said anything about missing any kids.
The grounds keeper said the pond and river they were swimming in was worse than the cloudy pool. ;o)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.