Intex Ultra or Pro Series?

narnia

Aug 10, 2014
South Georgia
Hi all. Looking into buying our first pool. I have decided to go with a 48" depth, with your help.

Now, the brand is a consideration. I don't know that I will be getting a better pump. we are in our early 60s and no children around.

We want the best quality for the money. Since we can't see these pools in person, it is hard for us to judge the size of the frame poles and its sturdiness. Has anyone owned or seen both to tell us the difference, if any, besides the pump/ filter configuration?

From the photos, I see some construction differences in the liner. The pro series appears to have an additional band of reinforcement on the sides near the bottom of the liner. It also has a lot of play for the vertical poles whereas the Intex seems to have a specific slot for each pole and it has a rope at the bottom.

Do these elements make any difference on the stability of the pool? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

They look pretty similar to me ...

Try the search function, I found similar threads like this one:
http://www.troublefreepool.com/thre...Frame-18-x-48-quot-vs-Pro-Series-20-x-48-quot

I also find this comparison chart (obviously biased): http://www.swimtownpools.com/v/vspfiles/assets/images/NB2030_PROSERIES VS INTEX TABLE.pdf

But it does point out that the Pro Series has a skimmer; while many Ultra frame users add a Hayward skimmer. Also I do not see the "hanging pump" as an advantage because it is still terribly undersized and upgrading to a larger pump with sand filter would be a good idea for either. And using 1" trichlor tablets is not typically an advantage over a SWG system.

From what I have read, the Pro Series may have slightly sturdier poles, but the pump seems to be its weak link. The difficulty of replacing it with a larger pump, versus upgrading an Intex pump, is what made me decide on the Intex Ultra frame.

I went 3 years with just the Intex floating skimmer, and while not as effective as the Hayward I installed this year, it was acceptable. My biggest problem was my kids knocking it off while playing in the pool. It sounds like that won't be a problem for you.
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.