Intex 18' x 9' x 52" Ultra Frame Rectangular Swimming Pool question

JennyH

Jul 4, 2014
Columbia
Intex 18' x 9' x 52" Ultra Frame Rectangular Swimming Pool-does anyone on here have one. We're thinking of getting a larger pool and with our small yard we can go longer but not wider as in larger circle one. I know there is a size larger than this one which I don't think will work, but wondering if anyone who has it has found it to be a nice good sized pool for swimming. Also how is the sand filter that comes with it? Does it work well?

Hi Jenny, welcome! I've found great info on here for my pool and solar project.
We have an 18x9 52 pool. U just bought it as we currently have the 12 ft round and realize going larger in that shape will take up too much room.
The new 18x9 fits very well.
I was concerned the 9 ft wide wasn't large enough but once we had it set up on the ground realized it was perfect.
We have a 4 1/2 ya old and she s a fish!!
We are going to raise the deck on the one length to be flush with the top of the pool.
Very happy with the purchase.
I don't have much info on the sand filter but I'm sure you ll receive some replies.
Looks as though most of us upgrade from the intex stuff.
Cheers and good luck.

Toronto Ontario Canada

Hi, thanks for the response! I was wondering if 9 feet wide would be enough as well. Did you use concrete slabs under the stands or wood like they apparently suggest you do? Do you have yours totally level...would it cause an issue if it's not totally level?

I haven't installed it yet. We are in Toronto so that ll be a spring job for me.
I wI'll be using the concrete slabs. Just be sure you level out an area wider/longer than the pool to account for the legs.As the legs must be same level as the ground.
Yes I believe it has to be pretty dam level!!!!
You don't want too much lean on one side as it'll put too much force on the legs!

Toronto Ontario Canada

Re: Intex 18' x 9' x 52" Ultra Frame Rectangular Swimming Pool question

Hi there Jenny, I have the exact same pool.... The one thing you need to worry about with the rectangle pools is the weight.... I'm Australian so the measurements I give you will be metric.....

You will need trailer concrete support pads... The four inch thick ones... The reason you need these is, your pool when full of water is going to weigh 18 tonnes, so nearly 40 000 pounds.... That's a lot of weight to support... I'm using railway sleepers underneath mine.... :)

As long as you have solid ground, there is no worries about using such large blocks. The weight is distributed pretty even across the entire pool floor and onto the legs. It does not put all the weight onto the legs. Now if you had sandy loose soil conditions, different story.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.