Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool cover help

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool cover help

Okay, attached is a pic of my pool, I couldn't figure out how to paste it directly in to this post. I need to buy a cover for it for the winter. The previous homeowner had a tarp type cover with water bags and it didn't seem to work very well in my opinion. Any suggestions on the type of cover I should look for? In the photo is a pic of our pool, as you can see it is not a normal shaped pool, not even kidney bean shaped, more like a puzzle piece. Anyone? All I've been able to find are covers for rectangle pools or kidney shaped.

Also, do I want a mesh one or a solid one? Solids have a drain type system in the middle so whatever rain or snow we gets, melts and drains into the pool. Do I want that after treating the pool after the season?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Lynzizzle

IG, 25k gal (est.), concrete free form, Hayward S-244T 300lb sand filter,
    well water, Pump: AO Smith 3/4 hp, VSpd: Unknown, Pool Age: Unknown
    Welcome to our OOL. Notice there's no "P" in it?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pool cover help

You need to go custom. I went with loop-loc, one of the top brands. Awesome qualilty. Look up your local dealer, they'll come out and measure and order it. It does take several weeks to get it made, so I wouldn't delay.

Here's mine installed last year. I went with the installer's recommendation of solid with mesh drains. It handles snow and ice just fine. Heck, my mother-in-law fell on it with no problems. Pricey at $3000, but I think worth it.

45'x12' 17k gal, IG plaster, Pool Pilot Nano+ SWG, 1/2hp Whisperflo pump, PAC-FAB TA-60D sand filter, Raypak 266 heater
    Pool School + Test Kit + Pool Math = Trouble Free Pool

3. Back To Top    #3

I love the look of Loop-Loc, however, there are no dealers close to Indiana
    Lynzizzle

IG, 25k gal (est.), concrete free form, Hayward S-244T 300lb sand filter,
    well water, Pump: AO Smith 3/4 hp, VSpd: Unknown, Pool Age: Unknown
    Welcome to our OOL. Notice there's no "P" in it?

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

Loop-Loc, Meyco, Merlin; All three make excellent safety covers. Surely there's a dealer for one of them that services your area. Try their websites for a referral.
    In the industry, CSP (Certified Service Professional) by the NSPI and it's successor the APSP. My company services over 600 pools every year. I think the practices regularly espoused on this forum (especially the BBB method) are outstanding; however my comments will be often oriented towards the goal of getting it done, and getting it done right now!

5. Back To Top    #5

In the Industry

Look at coverstar they also make custom covers.
    Over 30 years in the pool business
    We build vinyl, fiberglass, stainless steel pools
    Certified in Hydraulics