Low Amps/Check Cell for Auto Pilot Nano Cholorinator

Sep 2, 2014
Deerfield Beach
Hi There,

So my chlorinator just hit 12 months old. It worked pretty much perfectly until I started getting this trouble message. The 1st occurrence was about a month ago. I looked it up, it said to clean the cell. Cleaned the cell and then had about 2 weeks or normal operation. Then the trouble message ( Low Amps/Check Cell) started showing up more often. 2 times I cleaned the filter and cell and got a day or 2, back to trouble message. On friday, I went ahead and tried some stuff and did some testing. I did a force reverse which actually made it work that day. But Tuesday, back to low amps check cell. I ran some tests.

Normal operation:

0.0v and 0.2amps

Force Reverse:

35v and 0.2amps

Salt level is at 3500ppm and my unit is just under 7800 hours ( and still under warranty )

I saw some similar posts but they dated back to 2011 and they were not for the Nano unit, so I figured I would repost.

I am not great with electrical stuff but I can try to trouble shoot it if you guys have some thoughts.

Thanks,

Marc

P.S. I am located in South Florida and run my pump about 6 hours in the summer and 4 hours in the winter for a 10kish gallon pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.