Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Low Amps/Check Cell for Auto Pilot Nano Cholorinator

1. Back To Top    #1

Deerfield Beach

Low Amps/Check Cell for Auto Pilot Nano Cholorinator

Hi There,

So my chlorinator just hit 12 months old. It worked pretty much perfectly until I started getting this trouble message. The 1st occurrence was about a month ago. I looked it up, it said to clean the cell. Cleaned the cell and then had about 2 weeks or normal operation. Then the trouble message ( Low Amps/Check Cell) started showing up more often. 2 times I cleaned the filter and cell and got a day or 2, back to trouble message. On friday, I went ahead and tried some stuff and did some testing. I did a force reverse which actually made it work that day. But Tuesday, back to low amps check cell. I ran some tests.

Normal operation:

0.0v and 0.2amps

Force Reverse:

35v and 0.2amps

Salt level is at 3500ppm and my unit is just under 7800 hours ( and still under warranty )

I saw some similar posts but they dated back to 2011 and they were not for the Nano unit, so I figured I would repost.

I am not great with electrical stuff but I can try to trouble shoot it if you guys have some thoughts.

P.S. I am located in South Florida and run my pump about 6 hours in the summer and 4 hours in the winter for a 10kish gallon pool.

2. Back To Top    #2

San Rafael, CA USA

Re: Low Amps/Check Cell for Auto Pilot Nano Cholorinator

Welcome to TFP!

I'm bumping this up in case someone has more info specific to the Nano unit.
    16,000 gallon outdoor in-ground 16'x32' plaster pool; Pentair Intelliflo VF pump; Pentair IntelliTouch i9+3s control system; Jandy CL-340 square foot cartridge filter
    12 Fafco solar panels; Purex Triton PowerMax 250 natural gas heater (200,000 BTU/hr output); automatic electric pool safety cover; 4-wheel pressure-side "The Pool Cleaner"

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Low Amps/Check Cell for Auto Pilot Nano Cholorinator

When they work, they work great. I've been told the Digital Nano boards are bad. I've had two fail in 2 years. If I have to pay for a new board, I'll be looking for another company.