Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: To cover or not that is the question

1. Back To Top    #1
    Lebanon TN

To cover or not that is the question

4th year with the pool, last year I covered with a leaf net, I'll never do that again. I like to have never gotten the net off full of leaves. Year before last I used one of the cheap tarp like covers and the pool was perfect next season. This year I am thinking about buying one of the safe cover but not sure. I'd leave it uncovered but I have to big trees behind it that will fill the pools with leaves and stick and I know I am not going to go out in the cold and clean it out. So is the safe cover a good thing or should I go back with the cheap trap like? What are you using?

Another question, anyone in Tennessee close their pool? I have never closed mine, just covered and went on. Is there an advantage to closing it? Thanks
    16 x 32 18,000 gallon vinyl liner inground pool, Compupool SWG, 1.0HP Pentair pump, sand filter.

2. Back To Top    #2
    SW Indiana

Re: To cover or not that is the question

Safety cover all the way. Leaves will just blow away.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

3. Back To Top    #3
    Northern Virginia

Safety cover. I'm using a loop-loc. Keeps the leaves and junk out of the pool and if someone falls on it, they stay dry.

45'x12' 17k gal, IG plaster, Pool Pilot Nano+ SWG, 1/2hp Whisperflo pump, PAC-FAB TA-60D sand filter, Raypak 266 heater
    Pool School + Test Kit + Pool Math = Trouble Free Pool

4. Back To Top    #4

South Dakota

My vote would be for the safety cover too.
    18600 Gallon In Ground
    Vinyl liner
    Aqua Genie Skimmer/Return
    Purex Triton Challenger wet end with Emerson 2EZ Speed Two-Speed with Timer Motor 3/4HP #EB2980T
    Sta-Rite 145361 Cristal-Flo II High-Rate Sand Filter 22Inch
    Taylor K-2006