Pump Shaft Seal Leak?

Apr 18, 2010
Does this look like it might be a shaft seal leak?

DSC_0023.jpg

I was looking at the WhisperFlow manual and the replacement of all the o-rings, gaskets looks like it is do-able. Any gotchas? Are the parts fairly easy to get?

Shaft seal leaks usually show themselves as a small drip at the bottom of the pump. That' looks more like water is getting past an o-ring.

Yes, you're looking for either direct replacement parts based on a mfr part number, or you can get a "go kit" for your pump. Can't tell you about any gotchas for that pump, never worked on one of those.

I recently replaced the motor and seals on an intelliflow. A "gotcha" is that the female threaded areas on the seal plate are very weak, if you remove the motor inspect them for cracking carefully and replace the seal plate if they are failing. You may be able to get the motor mounted but over time the motor will begin to sag and the impeller will rub on the seal plate causing overheating and motor failure. Thats my lesson learned.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.