You guys did a fantastic job teaching me how to SLAM my pool. With some hard work, my pool is crystal clear.
But now... I'm confused about the how some of my equipment works, and I'm pretty sure the circulation isn't working like it should.
- Return 1 is connected to Pool 1
- Return 2 is connected to Pool 2
- Return 3 is connected to Pool 3/4 and all Jets
- Return 4 is a mystery - Don't know how to turn if on or off
- Return 5 is connected to the Pool Aerator
- Input 1 may be connected to the main drain
- Input 2 is connected to the Skimmer
- Input 3 is connected to the Weird Skimmer
- That small hole is always pulling in water, and down into a net to collect debris then to the filter. I have a vac-lock on the other side of the pool for an auto-vac.
Auto Cleaner System:
- I do not believe any of this stuff works correctly, but it is definitely on because the lights are always lit up when the filter is running.
- The "Time Clock / Cleaning System" switch doesn't do anything. Or at least I cannot tell what it is doing if I flip it on.
Things I Don't Understand
- My filter's pressure gauge is always at a 4. Even before I cleaned it after years of my pool guy not cleaning it, it was at a 4. I thought it wasn't working until I tried to close Return 3 and the pressure shot up to 20 before I stopped closing the return.
- The jet that is nearest Pool 1 doesn't push water out of it.
- When the filter starts, there's always air bubbles coming out of the bottom pool returns. Mostly out of Pool 3.
- All the bottom pool returns and jets seem weak to me.
- I think input 1 is connected to the main drain, but even when it's open, and I'm standing next to the main drain, I cannot tell if any water is actually going through it. Should I close it off?
- Input 3 is connected to the Weird Skimmer. What is this skimmer for? When I close it off, the main skimmer works better obviously. Should I leave it closed?
- Where does Return 4 go?
- What is that cleaning system, and what happens if I haven't touched it in almost 4 years?
I understand that this post is large! I apologize, but I don't know how to break up it into smaller parts, because I don't know how it's all connected. Any help will be greatly appreciated!