Seeing debris

May 25, 2014
Lahoma, Okla
Pool had been doing great all summer after I had to slam all of May. Got everything cleaned out and levels where they should be.
Anyways this past Saturday I was vacuuming the pool like I do every sat morning. Mid way through I stopped to clean out the leaf basket cause the flow slowed down. Flipped it over to backwash and let it run a few mins and then to rinse. Waited till it looked pretty clear and turned it back to filter to finish the last little bit and I noticed the jet was spitting debris back into the pool causing it to cloud up.
What could be going on or what did I do wrong?

Just for clarification. You turned the pump off before moving the multiport valve each time correct? (this is good practice, I don't think it caused your problem...just good practice).

Do you have a sight glass for the backwash function? This should be your gauge for when to stop backwashing.

Sounds like you didn't rinse long enough. Has all the gunk filtered back out?

When you say "pretty clear" this is my problem. It should be absolutely clear.

:testresults:

Yes I turn the pump off before moving the the value to close, back wash, rinse and filter.
Yes there is a sight glass and that must of been my issue.
I let it stay on rinse for a few mins longer then I normally do and made sure it was really clear not almost and now it didn't blow debris back into the pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.