Something strange on the steps when I came home, possibly small insects

Catanzaro

Platinum Supporter
TFP Guide
Jul 30, 2014
Monmouth County, New Jersey
Today here in NJ it rained for a short period of time. I came home and the filter was not running. One of the pins loosened up. I have to purchase new pins. Although something strange was lurking by the steps. It looked like dirt in the beginning and these small items were moving by themselves. I do not know if dirt from the concrete fell into the pool and on the steps or maybe something fell off a tree or leaf, etc. Looked like small (very small insects). So I turned the filter on and decided to allow what ever was in the pool run through the filter. Came home one hour later and they were gone. (Hopefully forever). My level were tested today and everything was fine. No CC, FC was up over 3, etc. Everything was/is in check and pool water was clean.

Any thoughts or maybe the jets in the steps were making whatever was in there move around and it looked like small insects? Has anyone ever had something this small and similar?

Definitely not dust. it was a lot of little moving (something). Maybe there are coming from the ground, under the concrete and dirt. There is about 3"-5" of crushed stone under concrete. If it keeps happening I will spray something in the gap which is about 1/8" max between concrete and plastic steps. There was less of them this morning and now it seems like they are gone but the filter is running. I will check again tomorrow morning.

Wish I could but they are all gone. And believe me it was some sort of insect(s). They kind of have disappeared after the spray.

I used a straw from a WD-40 can and placed it over this can of insect-bug spray that I had and sprayed between the cracks (did not get in the pool). Looks like it did the trick. Not really a can but a spray bottle with a tip. Weird.

Thank you.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.