When to treat for scaling

Thump4863

May 13, 2014
Oklahoma City
Ok so I have some pretty good scaling in my pool as well as some other stains. I purchased two Jack's magic test kits, and tested each seperatly. I found that the 02 shock and then the #2 stain remover would take care of both of them. My question is when should I treat for the stains. Should I do it in about two weeks and once complete close my pool for the winter, or should I do it right after I open the pool in the spring?

My worry is that some scalling may come back if I do the treatment now, and I wasn't sure about all those extra chemicals staying in there over the winter. If there are no worries with this I would prefer to go ahead and treat before I close. The only other thing to note is that I will have to drop my TA from 100 to 80 so that may take some extra time as well.

Thoughts? Thanks for the help!

Are you talking about calcium scaling? There is not quick and easy treatment for that. You either have to do an acid was or maintain a low CSI with a lot of brushing.

Although a lot of your post makes me think you are talking about metal staining.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.