Liner coming out of coping - How to fix??

JumboShrimp

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 3, 2008
A little different than FudgeBar's recent post...

My liner is coming out in the corner of the deep end. Simple 16x32 with diving board and AutoPilot SWG. Pool was built in '08. What is the slick way to fix this - it seems to be getting worse and I don't want water to get behind it.

Here's a pic... Thanks for any help!!! LOVE THIS PLACE!!!

Attachments

• PoolLiner_1 (Medium).jpg
    PoolLiner_1 (Medium).jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 114
Well...
That's what I ended up doing. I guess I didn't search enough before posting and with a little help from the YouTube I fixed it in literally 3 minutes
I used a light touch on a heat gun, stretched it and popped it right back into the track - was the easiest thing I did all day.
For those out there with similar issue, Don't be afraid of this one - it is EASY!!

Now, If I could just find an easy way to get those floor wrinkles out.....

I have the same issue with my liner in 4 spots. I poured hot water on it and attempted to pull it up and back in but so far have been unsuccessful. Don't think I'm strong enough. I watched the u-tube videos and everything else. Still can't do it... :(

Does it work just as well if it hasn't popped all the way out yet? I have about a 5" section that has slipped some, but is still in the track.

Jeez - only did this once but having something to grab and pull up was the Schnitz - softened with heat, of course. I'm a rookie. I can't say that, if you pulled it OUT of the track so you could grab and pull up, would be a good idea. the heat gun was REALLY helpful. would have been real hard without making it pliable and soft. I guess we'll see if it's still in the groove in a week?

I have a friend that is a pro scuba welder (crazy!) maybe I could use beer to get him to try the wrinkle job.

I'm a PADI certified diver. I need to get some equipment so I can just go sit on the bottom of my pool. That would be absolutely awesome. May be a good birthday present next year. I could check and repair anything without even coming up for air. I'd have to see if my work would let me use the scba air compressor to air up my tanks. Here I go again. Researching things that aren't necessary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.