Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Which way is better to add Intellichlor to Easytouch

1. Back To Top    #1

Which way is better to add Intellichlor to Easytouch

The Easytouch * I have does not have the Intellichlor support. I've purchased a IC40 but is now wondering which way to go for the power. I can buy the add-on power box, or I can buy the transformer that goes inside Easytouch. If I go with the buying the transformer inside the Easytouch, do I need anything else?

Installation wise, which is easier to hook up?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Which way is better to add Intellichlor to Easytouch

Quote Originally Posted by pumpkineater59 View Post
    The Easytouch * I have does not have the Intellichlor support. I've purchased a IC40 but is now wondering which way to go for the power. I can buy the add-on power box, or I can buy the transformer that goes inside Easytouch. If I go with the buying the transformer inside the Easytouch, do I need anything else?

Installation wise, which is easier to hook up?
    I also have an EasyTouch panel that does NOT contain a built-in Intellichlor transformer. Depending on the age of your EasyTouch power panel it may not be very easy to add an Intellichlor transformer to it. When I got my PB (Pool Builder) to swap over from an inline chlorinator to an Intellichlor IC40 SWG, he installed the separate transformer–not the built-in. After looking at his install, I believe this is the easiest way to go.
    19,500 gal, 16' x 38' PebbleTec IG Pool, Built 4/2013; Pentair IntelliFlo VS 3050 3 HP Pump, Pentair Intellichlor IC40 SWG, Pentair IntellipH, Pentair 520 sq ft/150 GPM Cartridge Filter, A&A In-Floor Cleaner, Dolphin Nautilus Plus Robot (aka "Robbie"), Pentair EasyTouch Power Panel w/ Quick Touch 4 Remote Control, Autelis WiFi controller, Clear 12 mil Solar Cover on Presto SS Reel, Taylor K-2006 Test Kit.

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Which way is better to add Intellichlor to Easytouch

Thanks for the info. My Easytouch is about 3 years.