New Pool Build - North Ft. Worth

Aug 1, 2014
Ft. Worth, TX
Many thanks to everyone who contributes here - we've had a crash course on pool building in the past month or so. We signed with a PB yesterday. :) Our pool will sit on half of our yard, so we'll still have some room for the kids to run around. Here are the specs and renderings:

General Specs
  • Pool Size - 33.5' L x 16' W
  • Depth - 3.5' x 5' x 4'
  • Gallons - Approx. 14k (that's what we were told)
Concrete & Masonry
  • Tanning Ledge - 41 sq. ft. with gusher
  • 6' Bench with assistance step
  • Oklahoma Flagstone Coping
  • Stonescapes Midnight Blue Mini Pebble finish
  • Waterline Tile - TBD (we're looking at a couple of different ones)
  • Raised Bond Beam - 26' L x 12" H faced with Granbury stack rock (squares & rectangles), 3 ea. x 12" W flagstone scuppers (with actuators)
  • Decking - 547 sq. ft. rock salt
Accessories
  • 16 ft. pole, wall brush, leaf skimmer, chemical test kit
  • Cleaner - 2-wheel suction cleaner (PoolCleaner)
  • Volleyball sleeves in deck - 2 (we haven't decided if we want these yet)
  • Heater - Hayward 400K BTU Gas
Pool Plumbing
  • Skimmers - 2
  • Main drain & grate
  • Return Lines - 5
  • Filter - Hayward 525 sq. ft. cartridge
  • Pump - Hayward Tristar 2-speed 2HP
Utilities
  • Controls - Hayward ProLogic PS-8
  • Sanitizing System - Aquarite Salt System
  • Lights - 4.0 ColorLogic LED
  • Automation - Hayward AquaConnect
  • Pool overflow line
Spa
  • 7' x 7' Square with 6 Waterways jets
  • Raised 18" and faced with Granbury stack rock (squares & rectangles)
  • 2 ea. x 2.5' flat spillways with Flagstone coping (should look something like the scuppers)
  • Lights - 4.0 ColorLogic LED
  • Air Blower - 1.5HP

Here's the rendering of the spa:

spa.jpg

From the house:

pool-5-small.jpg

Thoughts? We're so excited!!!

Very nice. I actually like both versions of the spillway. The "correct" rendering is similar to ours. The Midnight Blue Mini Pebble is one of the finishes we are looking at as well - we haven't made a final decision so we'll be sure to post whenever we get to that stage. I really like the scuppers along the long raised beam wall. - Karen

Thanks! :) We loved the Midnight Blue color, and figured that if it's supposed to last 15-20 years, then we should probably go ahead and do it right. :) Our PB said that the next darkest is Tahoe Blue, but we didn't like that it looks green sometimes.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
15173086129_463a1ba412.jpg

Congratulations! I too have a Big hole in my backyard!! LOL We did rebar over the past week we have been in and out of rain. Which has been a total bummer for us! And more rain in the forecast coming tomorrow! Hope the weather holds up for you and you get your gunite done as soon as possible if the rains are headed your way. Because it can be a muddy mess!
Looking forward to watching your build, it looks like it's going great and I love the colors you have chosen.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.