Pump DISPLAY NOT ACTIVE lockup

FLAKPA

Jun 29, 2013
I've been running my Pentair Variable Speed pump with the settings the installers put in it about 6 months ago. Seems to work fine. We have had a pretty nice clean pool. I've used this site, test regularly and enjoying our remodeled pool.

I went out today to look at the clean cycle time settings and found the pump "locked" with "Display not Active!" on the LED screen. No buttons work, not any. I have to power off by flipping the breaker, waiting at least one minute, and I get the pump menus back. However, once running for any length of time the system locks back up.

I read over the manual, at least I think I did, and have not found an answer to this issue.

Am I missing something? IS there a sequence of button pushes to press to unlock this pump? Should I be calling a pool technician?

THANK YOU for any help.

Robert

Called Pentair. Great Service and help BTW! Boy do I feel foolish. Turns out I also have a Pentair Solar Touch installed to control the solar panels. It takes over the operation of the pump and displays the message I noted in my original post. Simply power down the Solar Touch and i get the menus for the pump back up.

Thanks for the advice timerguy. It was great advice.

Cheers,

Robert

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.