Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pump DISPLAY NOT ACTIVE lockup

1. Back To Top    #1

Pump DISPLAY NOT ACTIVE lockup

I've been running my Pentair Variable Speed pump with the settings the installers put in it about 6 months ago. Seems to work fine. We have had a pretty nice clean pool. I've used this site, test regularly and enjoying our remodeled pool.

I went out today to look at the clean cycle time settings and found the pump "locked" with "Display not Active!" on the LED screen. No buttons work, not any. I have to power off by flipping the breaker, waiting at least one minute, and I get the pump menus back. However, once running for any length of time the system locks back up.

I read over the manual, at least I think I did, and have not found an answer to this issue.

Am I missing something? IS there a sequence of button pushes to press to unlock this pump? Should I be calling a pool technician?

THANK YOU for any help.

Robert
    SW Florida; 14x28ft, 13KGal, New Pebbletech Resurface, Pentair VS+,Pentair FNS 48DE Filter, Pentair IC20 SWG,

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pump DISPLAY NOT ACTIVE lockup

I'd call pentair in the morning they've been very helpful in my setting up my new IntelliFlo!!!
    Pool size: 24000gal inground Vinyl-Taylor k-2006 and k-1766 test kits and-speed stir
    Intermatic P1353ME digital timer w/freeze sensor
    CircuPool Si-45 SWCG System
    Polaris 280 vacuum/Polaris PB4-60 boost pump
    Pentair IntelliFlo VS 3hp Pump--Pentair sand filter

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Pump DISPLAY NOT ACTIVE lockup

Called Pentair. Great Service and help BTW! Boy do I feel foolish. Turns out I also have a Pentair Solar Touch installed to control the solar panels. It takes over the operation of the pump and displays the message I noted in my original post. Simply power down the Solar Touch and i get the menus for the pump back up.

Thanks for the advice timerguy. It was great advice.

Cheers,

Robert
    SW Florida; 14x28ft, 13KGal, New Pebbletech Resurface, Pentair VS+,Pentair FNS 48DE Filter, Pentair IC20 SWG,