Time for a new pool cleaner?

Jun 3, 2012
Folsom, CA
Hello experts:

The pool cleaner that came with the house that we bought in 2011 is not working properly. (House was built in 2004, so my best guess is that the cleaner is about 8-9 years old). Issues with the pool cleaner:

1. Tail does not wag, so doesn't help with moving the dirt on the floor. I have had couple of pool repair guys look at it, it seems to work for a couple of days after that, but then goes back to its bad habit of not working.

2. Major problem is that of late it has been rolling over and falling on its side (2 wheels up in the air). I manually turn it over, but then within 2-5 minutes, it will do the same thing. Filter bag is clean.

When we had the pool guy come to take care of the pool (early 2012, before I found this site), he told me that I will need a new cleaner soon, and he recommended Polaris 360. Is that the best one on the market currently? This Polaris 360 has pretty good reviews on Amazon, and seems like life on these things is about 8-10 years. So, I dont want to spend a ton of money, like more than 800 bucks or so. So, my questions is, do you experts recommend this 360? Also, places to buy it?

Thanks.

While most of the reviews are for the suction side version, I might be tempted to suggest The Pool Cleaner pressure side cleaner by Poolverguegen. Or the Polaris 360 would be fine as well.

Start Googling to find a good price and place to buy.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.