Liner and Cali drought!

Olaundajohnson

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 4, 2014
Cloverdale, ca.
Hi, I am new here and hope I am doing this right, so here I go...So, I bought a Intex 14x42 ultra frame pool back in June 2014 and took all the right steps to keep it from getting any holes but still got them. I have patched as many as I can and now would like to purchase a liner for it but since I live in Cali with a drought, I need one that I can put in my pool now, with the water in it. It cost me way to much money to get the pool filled to just dump it out! Does anybody know where I can purchase such a thing? Or any way I could just purchase the liner for my pool and put it inside the old one, with water still in pool? Please help! Was hoping this pool would have lasted a little bit longer than a couple months considering all the extras I bought that ended up costing me more than the pool its self. Plus my two boys saved up a whole year of money to help purchase this pool...

Welcome to TFP! Some of our members have adapted overlap above ground pool liners to fit an intex pool, but it would be impossible to position the liner correctly while the pool is full. It would just float on top of the water, and once you get a little water in the liner it is too heavy to move. Also it may not solve your problem since the intex liner is thicker than a standard vinyl liner. Do you know what caused the holes in the pool?

The tiniest rock caused one of the holes. And under my pool I have dirt on the very bottom, sand, a inch thick purple pad, and an old summer escape pool(just added for padding), then a tarp and finally the pad that came with the pool. Ive had it up for just a couple months and it just now has begun to feel really thinned out! I have put an obscene amount of money into this thing and would like to have it for atleast a couple more years. Before this one we had the regular blue intex pool that a friend gave us after she had it for a year and we thrashed on that bad and still had not one hole after we had it for 2 years. My friend also had purchased an intex ultra frame in may 2013 and just threw it away in December 2013 because of the holes. I think its the poor quality in the pool liner. I was wanting to speak with intex about this but feel it would be a waste of time unless the outcome would be them giving me a free liner and helping me place the water, already in my pool, some where else, so i could switch liners.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.