Are these reasonable prices to replaster and replace tile on an old pool?

TomAtlanta

Sep 10, 2011
Atlanta Ga
I just got one estimate so far. Are these prices reasonable?

_______ Resurface Pool with White Marcite w/ Blue Quartz Plaster …………………...…............................$6,875.00
(This is a white plaster finish with blue flakes)

_______ Resurface Pool with Wet Edge Luna Quartz Plaster – Pacific………………...……..……................$8,375.00
http://www.wetedgetechnologies.com/component/favorites/?plid=4 – to view color and product info – customer may select any color option at no additional charge.

_______ Replace Swimming Pool & Spa Waterline Tile – Standard 6”tile………………………………..…..$2,275.00
_______ Replace Swimming Pool & Spa Waterline Tile – Upgraded 6”tile…………………………..……….$2,675.00
This price includes the following:

- - - Updated - - -

Second related question - How long should tile and plaster last?

You have a big pool ... those prices seem reasonably comparable to what we paid to have pebbleshean and tile redone.

Of course you always want to get multiple quotes to make sure the costs are similar.

Tile and plaster longevity are a function of how well the plaster was mixed and installed and how well you maintain the chemistry. Could be 5 years ... could be 15+ years.

We just paid ~ $20,000 for a slightly larger, irregularly shaped pool. We had new tile, coping and pebblesheen installed. My research indicated that where you are located can make a significant difference in your quotes. I think that is mostly due to how many contractors work in the area. In St. Louis, there is only one pebbletec installer and we wanted that product, so the plaster job was about $13,000. We had different tile quotes that averaged about $6-8,000 from three different installers. We ended up having the plaster company do the entire job (they subbed out the tile work).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.