Mustard algae or pollen?

Okay. I have done the BBB & everything on my test kit came back perfect, but it seems at least once a week or so I am having to do it all over again. I can't keep chlorine in my pool & yes I make sure my over night test I haven't lost anything. I have to literally put bleach in my pool everyday to keep the levels where they need to be, but at least every week or so I am having to clean the bottom of my pool & go thru the shocking again. My pool is remaining clear except for what looks like sand & smeared poo on the bottom & edges of my pool. From a distance the water looks a little greenish but when you get up close it looks clear. Here are my results this morning. I don't have my CYA due to running out of reagent. I ordered some today. I have been able to maintain my CYA either. My PH has been maintaining until today. Need to raise it a bit.

PH-7.2
CC-0.5
CH-4.5
ALK-50
Calcium-50

I poured a gallon of bleach in the pool yesterday afternoon 8.25%. I am wondering if this is actual algae or pollen that I keep fighting. Also, about 2-3 weeks ago I just about completely emptied my pool while vacuuming it out. My PSI on filter is 0.5. image.jpgimage.jpg

Welcome to the forum. :wave: You have algae in your pool. what you are seeing is dead algae that has drifted to the bottom but there is still plenty more live algae in your pool.

You will eventually need to SLAM your pool but I would suggest you start by reading "The ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry" up in Pool School. That should give you the basics to help you with the SLAM./

With that much organic matter in the pool it's understandable you can't keep chlorine in it.

When you SLAM the pool you say you don't lose anything (FC?) over night, is the water clear and everything vacuumed up off the bottom and your CC level below .5 ?? Have you inspected the bottom of the rungs on your ladder and inside the skimmer for any spots algae could be hiding ??

Did you not post your FC level because it's 0 ??
What was your CYA level at your last test ??
What was the FC level you used for your latest SLAM ??

Yea what she said ... You CYA should be about the same as the last time you tested. It doesn't fluctuate a lot unless you lose a LOT of water.

With that much organic matter in the pool it's understandable you can't keep chlorine in it.

When you SLAM the pool you say you don't lose anything (FC?) over night, is the water clear and everything vacuumed up off the bottom and your CC level below .5 ?? Have you inspected the bottom of the rungs on your ladder and inside the skimmer for any spots algae could be hiding ??

Did you not post your FC level because it's 0 ??
What was your CYA level at your last test ??
What was the FC level you used for your latest SLAM ??

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.