Tunnels

I know it was not a mole, but could have been a chipmunk. I trapped a small squirrel last week, and no sign of activity in the hole since so I assumed it was the squirrel. There was sunflower seeds from our bird feeder being hoarded in the tunnel when I dug it up yesterday.

Moles eat earthworms and grub worms, voles are like underground mice and they eat seeds, fruit, and roots, gophers are slightly larger and eat seeds, fruit, and roots. Check with your Agricultural extension service to see what burrowing critters you have there. Various sorts of various sizes. Even some rats can tunnel.

Get a dog.

I no longer have chipmunks tunneling under the slab of our house since my backyard has started to be patrolled by the dog.

Aside from the dog, if there is a hole I want to discourage them from using, i put concrete / mortar / thinset / grout whatever I have laying around down it. Fill that thing a good 18". It seems to discourage them from re-digging in the same spot.

-dave

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.