Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hello from Antigua Guatemala

1. Back To Top    #1

Hello from Antigua Guatemala

I am an ex-pat living in the colonial town of Antigua Guatemala. (In ground 12X24 marcite with 8 helicol solar panels (under construction)).
    I grew up in Miami in the 60's and 70's with an in-ground pool, so i thought I knew all I needed to know to take care of my new pool, scheduled for completion in 3 weeks. I have been helping my retiree neighbors care for their pool, and it seems so much more complicated to try and get good sparkling water. Growing up, we used liquid chlorine (bleach) and a bit of muriatic acid, that was it.
    After reading 'pool school' and a lot of posts on this board, I realize the biggest culprit is the cheap test kit and the stabilized chlorine tabs i have been using to manage their pool chemistry.
    I ordered a Taylor 2006, and am having it shipped down here, and have a found sources for the BBB method of water management. i know I will have a bunch of questions once I add water to my pool, and Im thrilled I found these forums to ask them in.
    I look forward to participating in this community.
    Antigua, Guatemala
    12x24 in ground marcite w/ 8 heliocol solar panels

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry
    New Orleans, LA

Re: Hello from Antigua Guatemala

Welcome to TFP George!
    Josh Ulfers - TFP Supporting Vendor - - 888-725-8766 - AutoPilot Pool Pilot Systems, Parts & Cells - AquaCal Heat Pumps

3. Back To Top    #3
    South Carolina

Re: Hello from Antigua Guatemala

Hi George,

Welcome to the forum!
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!